Saturday 6 April 2013

Back in the blogosphere

Here I am, back again after 14 months. I have been inspired to resurrect my blog by one of my art and blog sheroes, the lovely Tammy of Daisy Yellow, who invites us to take part in a mission to promote sharing, encouragement of one another and a sense of community in the blogging world, by way of the ancient and neglected art of linking.

So, during April, I'm committing to write at least one blog post per week containing a minimum of five links per post, plus maybe a little about whatever is going on in my world at the time.





Today I've been messing around with watercolours which I am planning to cut up and reassemble into a few more postcards, having been bitten again by the mail-art bug that iHanna let loose last month. In case you haven't heard about it, you can take a look here. The group pool in flickr is worth a look too.

I love Kira's blog, Oops, I Craft My Pants! Just the name of the blog puts a big smile on my face, and it's so much fun to read and see photos of all the lovely stuff she makes. And in the spirit of SHARE THE LINK LOVE, make sure you check out her post about why she blogs.

I've been a longtime admirer of marizateria and her blog is interesting, quirky and often hilarious. It also contains much insight into the creative process -- for example, I turn to her post about moving through the creativity doldrums when I'm feeling stuck. Do take a look at her youtube videos, to see how her journal pages come together. (In a recent post, she mentions making dumbell cozies, which really appeals to me). I love how she's not afraid to tell it like it is in her journals.

Pip from Meet Me at Mike's has a lovely blog about craft and lots of other things. She is awesome.

Finally -- possibly NSFW depending on when you click on this link -- The Worst of Perth blog explains why I sometimes yearn to escape to the Bahamas, Bahrain, Bolivia or even just Bunbury .......

Today, besides a bit of painting, I've gone peroxide-blonde, had a massage, done my best to relax as much as possible, eaten some yummy carbs, and am planning to get a very early night, for tomorrow I'm doing a Fun Run. Maybe I'll come in under an hour. Wish me luck! See you in the next week or so!





8 comments:

Cynthia Lee said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere.

Loved your links; thanks for sharing.

One note ... but it just may be me and my tired eyes ... it is difficult to read the links on the pink background. I don't know if you can change that in your template or not. (I know on wordpress, I am at the mercy of my theme template)

See you around blogtown!

Sam said...

Thanks, Cynthia! I will have a look at my colour settings tomorrow and see if I can change it :-)

Nilla said...

Thanks for the links! Love your artwork!!!Nilla

Sam said...

Thank you, Nilla!

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks awesome. It really suits you!

Natasha said...

Great links! Thank you for sharing, I hope your run went well.

Sam said...

Thank you, Tammy, Natasha and Anonymous :-) Keep an eye on your mailbox Tammy!!

juicy*s said...

Sam! Love your links! I am not a frequent blogger, but I long to be! This is a good exercise and gets me motivated. Lovely cards!

Related Posts with Thumbnails