Friday 27 June 2008

Visit to Denmark

I drove down to Denmark* on Tuesday to visit some dear friends and we spent some lovely time together. I don't want to talk about personal reasons for the visit, except to say that I am overwhelmed by feelings of love and respect for them, and their incredible courage and dignity in facing the most dreadful of circumstances.

I stayed in a motel alongside this beautiful river with abundant bird life and massive eucalypts:




While I was in Denmark I checked out the local galleries and craft shops and came away with some goodies: a fabulous oil painting by Robyn Lees, is now sitting above my (unused) fireplace (I need to drill a hole in the wall!)


and some fabric and shiny thread


*Denmark is a town on the south-west coast of Western Australia, near Albany and about 400km south of Perth.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails