Today I made another fabric tray; this one is for my lovely and talented friend chick chick, who helped me with the pattern. It's a bit bigger than the one I made last weekend. I found out from chick chick that Japanese patterns don't include seam allowances in the pictures, which at the time was all I had to go on. So each 5cm square that I cut out should have been 5.7cm. That is such a handy fact to know, as I have quite a few patterns in my Japanese craft books that I would like to try. As you will know if you are a sewer, the seam allowance is a rather vital piece of information.
I also posted about this on the Unofficial-Thing-A-Day blog over at WordPress where a whole bunch of us (mostly Swap-botters) are about to wow the world with our creations over the next month. I can't wait to see how Day One went for the others!
Also, today I managed to capture a photo of a bee doing its thing in my sunflower. I wanted another pic showing the gorgeous blue sky against the yellow of the flower, and there it was, buzzing around.
20 minutes ago